As day two of the draft comes to an end, the Wings walked away with a mix of everything they seem to need. Drafting 5 Defensivemen, 5 Forwards and 1 Goaltender. Also 10 of the picks are 6-feet & over.
Here is the list of players along with their position and number drafted:
- 9th overall: Michael Rasmussen, C
- 38th overall: Gustav Lindstrom, D
- 71st overall: Kasper Kotkansalo, D
- 79th overall: Lane Zablocki, F
- 83rd overall: Zach Gallant, C
- 88th overall: Keith Petruzzelli, G
- 100th overall: Malte Setkov, D
- 131st overall: Cole Fraser, D
- 162nd overall: John (Jack) Adams, F
- 164th overall: Reilly Webb, D
- 193rd overall: Brady Gilmour, C
WHAT YOU MISSED: Wings Draft Center At 9th Pick
With a banged up defense, many speculated as to why the Wings would draft a Center as their first pick then turn it over to Gustav Lindstrom as their No. 2 pick who had two goals and seven assists in 48 games, with 26 penalty minutes and a minus-11 rating for Almtuna in Sweden’s HockeyAllsvenskan, which a tier below the top men’s league.
The kid is phenomenal, Gustav showed some offensive progress in Sweden’s Under-20 League, with six goals and 10 points in six games for Almtuna. Gustav also picked up a goal and seven points in four games for Sweden in an under-19 tournament against Switzerland, Finland and Germany.
Bottom line, one kid isn’t going to break an already broken defense. The 6’2″ 187 pound right hander should bring the physicality deep on the bench.